Overview of Census Solution Offering
DAS offer a complete end-to-end solution for Population Census, some of the solution components include Form-design, Cartography Integration, Logistics Management, Training Materials, Scanning and Data-Capture Technology and Training, and Structured Edits.
Form-Design including Packaging and Labeling
In order to ensure a successful project we need to ensure the questionnaire is designed for both humane usability and scanner readability. The paper also need to be durable enough to withstand the field environment long enough to be of sufficient quality to be scanned. The questionnaires also need to be labelled with unique bar-codes that will be tracked throughout the whole process. The packaging/boxes also need to be durable enough to withstand the out and in-bound logistics, whilst maintaining a legible label with a unique bar-code that can be scanned throughout the process.
Scanning and Data-Capture Technology
For this component DAS have aligned themselves with Top Image Systems (TIS) eFlow solution. This is a “best-of-breed” solution responsible for the enumeration of more than half the world’s population in the last 15 years. This technology is the only UNFPA approved solution in it’s class.
eFLOW Forms Processing for Statistical Offices
eFLOW is used by statistical offices worldwide to process country census’ and other statistical projects. High data accuracy and the ability to process high volumes of documents quickly and efficiently has led to eFLOW being selected by governments around the globe for these important projects, and in many instances re-selected for subsequent processing needs.
Automated data capture
- Requires less human intervention, enables to complete the census data capture much faster (less space, less salaries, less hardware)
- Ensures data integrity – enables the use of automatic AND manual: online validations, exception handling, coding
- The most advanced and proven technology for Censuses, recommended by the UN and used by all modern countries for census projects
- Full flexibility in the type of data gathered (checkbox, handwritten, alpha and numeric, barcode…)
- Creates a correlation between the image and the actual form
- Remote capabilities enable all forms to be scanned locally and then sent to a central site for processing